Pages

June 25, 2014

Recipe Wednesday

As an incoming college freshman, learning to cook has been one of my major priorities. Although I have been slacking on the whole make one meal a week deal with my mom, I have made a few. So I thought I would share with you guys, who may or may not need some new recipes. 

Okay first off, I am in no ways a lettuce fan, salad is a twice a year occasion, and the only way I'll eat it is on sandwiches/hamburgers. But this is way good. It would be a perfect side dish or nights like tonight when you just want something quick and easy for your meal. It really only took me 15min to make. So simple. 

PF CHANG’S CHICKEN LETTUCE WRAPS
Prep Time10 minutes
Cook Time10 minutes
Total Time17 minutes
Yield4 servings
A copycat recipe that you can easily make right at home in just 20 minutes. And it tastes a million times better too!
INGREDIENTS
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 1 pound ground chicken
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 onion, diced
  • 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
  • 2 tablespoons soy sauce
  • 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
  • 1 tablespoons freshly grated ginger
  • 1 teaspoon Sriracha, or more, to taste
  • 1 (8-ounce) can whole water chestnuts, drained and diced
  • 2 green onions, thinly sliced
  • Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
  • 1 head butter lettuce
INSTRUCTIONS
  • Heat olive oil in a saucepan over medium high heat. Add ground chicken and cook until browned, about 3-5 minutes, making sure to crumble the chicken as it cooks; drain excess fat.
  • Stir in garlic, onion, hoisin sauce, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, ginger and Sriracha until onions have become translucent, about 1-2 minutes. Stir in chestnuts and green onions until tender, about 1-2 minutes; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
  • To serve, spoon several tablespoons of the chicken mixture into the center of a lettuce leaf, taco-style.





*recipe from here

No comments:

Post a Comment